DIRECT TALK ABOUT DIRECT TALKS
by Paul Lademain
In an August 20, 2010 article entitled
"Direct Talk About Direct (Israel-Palestinian) Talks", Barry Rubin
makes some good points:
- The big story of the moment is the announcement that there
will soon be direct negotiations between Israel and the Palestinian
Authority (PA). We will see if this new round of negotiations actually happens or not.
- The other thing we need to see are the terms for the talks. Are they designed as a give away to whatever the PA demands? Are they well-organized in some coherent structure? Is this a set-up to allow the Obama Administration to claim credit for getting direct talks going (after messing up and contributing to their not getting started for about 16 months?)
- Israel's one-year freeze on building inside settlements is
coming to an end. For making this concession, Israel received nothing.
Now it will be "rewarded" with the opportunity to renew the freeze.
- . How is there going to be a "democratic, and viable
Palestinian state living side by side in peace and security with
Israel and its other neighbors" when about half of that supposed
state the Gaza Strip is based on a radical Islamist regime that
seeks genocide against Israel?
- I suggest that someone in the media and politics actually
begins to talk about what Israel wants out of a negotiated agreement.
We hear constantly about Palestinian demands a state, 1967 borders,
east Jerusalem, return of refugees as if these were the only things
on the table. Yet if Israel's demands recognition of Israel as a
Jewish state, security guarantees, resettlement of refugees in
Palestine, non-militarization of a Palestinian state, end of the
conflict are ignored that will sabotage the talks.
- ... even assuming there was a negotiated settlement, Hamas,
Hizballah, Syria, Iran, and the Muslim Brotherhoods, among others,
would try harder to wreck it. The level of terrorism and conflict
would rise even more. Iran, for example, would not stop developing
nuclear weapons. The ideas that everything is linked to the
Arab-Israeli conflict or that resolving the conflict would bring
stability and moderation to the region are simply not based on a
serious consideration of the area and its politics.
But how 'bout a fresh approach?
- Israel tasks Hillary for a change. First, she will be
obliged to produce a list of what she wants Israel to concede,
sacrifice, donate, to the arab invaders.
- Second, Israel will go deaf, instead of groveling and haggling.
Groveling, begging, and haggling invites people to view Jews as
guileful chiselers - e.g., nobody respected or admired Barak when he
offered Arafat most of Israel's lands in exchange for "recognition"
and "peace." You want to know the truth? People here in the US were
nauseated by Ehud Barak's craven behavior; Albright was in over her
head; Bill Clinton's eye was on the Saudi's mega-million dollar
promise to fund his presidential library and of course Hillary
benefited from that by proxy.
- Israel will stand up straight and respond to Hillary's hubris
with its own demands: Israel will demand the complete restoration
of all lands recognized as part of the Jewish Homeland by the San Remo
Resolution and this land encompasses Judea and Samaria, the Golan
Heights, Gaza, and all the land that has since then been handed to the
arabs. Jerusalem will be controlled in its entirety by Israel. Israel
will keep in reserve its demand for restoration of the Transjordan
region to Israel. (For Gossake, Israel has always had Transjordan as a
bargaining chip, but it lacked decent, strong-minded statesmen to use
it!) *** It appears that Israel's PM loves to bargain, which makes him
a soft target for extortion and pressure, which he cannot handle
because he loves flattery and "love" more than he values respect.
- Israel will expel all illegals and remove the arab
seditionists from its parliament (Knesset). The tunnels into
Israel will be sealed. Gaza will be restored to Israel and all of
Israel's politicians who agreed to give Gaza to the arabs will be
prosecuted or fined. Islamics who want to create a new state and who
want to be known as "palestinians" will be transfered to Jordan and
they will form a separate state within the boundaries of "Jordan".
- Restoration of the Temple Mount. Removal of all Waqf from
the Temple Mount. Should Jordan balk at Israel's reasonable demands
Islamics will be barred from the mosque that remains wrongfully
ensconced atop Israel's holiest monument. Anyone who bars Jews from
standing atop their Temple Mount will be arrested or fined. Israel
will build a new Temple atop the Temple Mount as a symbol of their
conquest over the arab invaders. (Do Jews have the stomach for
standing up straight and celebrating their own faith? Or are they
innately weak, cantankerous and rude? Demanding control over the
Temple Mount will be a litmus test.)
- Syria will abandon all claims to
the Golan Heights or else Israel will demand the right of return for
all Jews driven from Syria.
- Israel will abandon all of its past feckless attempts to
ask, beg, grovel, humiliate itself for peace. (Let old Peres
furrow his oily brow and weep tears for his dear sweet jihadis all by
himself.) Remember: Israel as an ally is more beneficial to the US
than the US is capable of being useful to Israel. Israel will do unto
its antagonists as its antagonists have been doing to Israelis. (God
will love this.) Jews will abandon their conceits and regain self
respect and honest pride without superstitious doubts about God
smiting them down. Israel will declare that it has no obligation to
prove itself to anyone except to its own citizenry. Any arab who
cannot swear allegiance to Israel will be removed to the new state of
Islamic Palestine to be formed within the boundaries of Jordan.
- Can a Jew demand this? Of course, a real Jew can. (And should.) Israel will need new leaders. Pulpy, pampered, overfed, cowardly, frightened Jews should stay away from the US State Dept. or any other organized body that attempts to meddle into or curtail Israel's sovereign rights. Foreign or NYC Jews who belong to the NIF or TIP need not apply. Soft-skinned, emotionally needy, servile, exhausted, crooked, avaricious, vain, corrupt Jews need not apply. No Madoffs allowed.
- Invite the Belgians to attend a ten-thousand missile salute and a
flotilla landing to take place in their capital.
Viva Israel from the Secular Christians 4 Zionism!
Contact Paul Lademain by email at email@example.com.
This article was submitted August 22, 2010.